发新话题
打印

[求助信息] 工作签证 学习签证的问题

工作签证 学习签证的问题

请问一下 如果本科毕业想找工作 申请了工签 但是后来又觉得需要念研究生 那工签是不是就要作废换成学签?
如果研究生毕业了 还能不能再次申请工作签证呢?

工签不作废,可以和学签一起持有。
研究生毕业了应该可以再次申请工签。

引用:
原帖由 泽地萃 于 2012-3-20 11:47 发表
工签不作废,可以和学签一起持有。
研究生毕业了应该可以再次申请工签。
What she said!

回复 2# 的帖子

是不是真的啊?我记得我的advisor说过post graduation work permit一辈子只能申请一次,但过期了,有工作的话,是可以续签的。

如果是真的话,现在读2年college也可以有3年工签了,那工签结束,我继续读本科可以么?读完本科,又申请一个3年的工签,过期了又去读研究生?这好像不太现实吧。。。。。

引用:
原帖由 nlcc 于 2012-3-20 21:28 发表 是不是真的啊?我记得我的advisor说过post graduation work permit一辈子只能申请一次,但过期了,有工作的话,是可以续签的。如果是真的话,现在读2年college也可以有3年工签了,那工签结束,我继续读本科可以么 ...
不现实的是三年工签时间你的移民还没有办好。

You are not eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program          if you:         
  • study in a program that is less than eight months long
  • participate in a Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program           funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade           (DFAIT)
  • participate in a Government of Canada Awards Program funded by           DFAIT
  • receive funding from the Canadian International Development Agency           (CIDA)
  • participate in the Equal Opportunity Scholarship, Canada-Chile
  • participate in the Canada-China Scholars Exchanges Program
  • participate in the Organization of American States Fellowships Program
  • participate in a distance learning program either from abroad or from within Canada or
  • have previously been issued a Post-Graduation Work Permit following  any other program of study.
Details please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
请回答问题朋友,希望自己证实后才回答别人问题,不然耽误别人学业和移民。

楼主研究生毕业之后可以申请工签,1可以以未用之前的pgwp以理由申请新的pgwp,2可以申请其他的wp,不局限在pgwp.移民局鼓励国际学生毕业后呆在加拿大工作,然后移民,所以有些规则是可以bend的,我之前也看过别人有办过。

有点像ken你解释访问者居住超过183天可以报税一样,按照税法其实是不行的,但是你就是办下来了。

不过为了保险,楼主还是联系cic,问问可不可以取消现在pgwp,这样就万无一失了。

回复 2# 的帖子

谢谢你~

回复 3# 的帖子

呃 谢谢你~ 不过我看过了 貌似是只可以有一次。。

回复 4# 的帖子

我也是这么想的。。

回复 6# 的帖子

谢谢谢谢 我大体了解了~

回复 7# 的帖子

恩。。谢谢你啊~~

回复 7# 的帖子

关于访问签证者办理退税,如果不按照税法,税务局怎么可以办下来。希望您查看一下税法。

引用:
原帖由 ken 于 2012-3-26 22:12 发表 [url=redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=183041&ptid=45701][/url]
关于访问签证者办理退税,如果不按照税法,税务局怎么可以办下来。希望您查看一下税法。
I have checked the Income Tax Act.
And I have consulted with several CAs, CGAs that speciallized in Tax.

Becasuevisitors don't have ties to Canada, and they are from China, which havea treaty with Canada, they are deemed non-resident, thus don't need todo tax return. It doesn't matter if they will stay more than 183 daysor not.

And I have called CRA international tax office inOttawa, they clearly identify their position on this matter. If aparent is simply visiting in Canada, it doesn't matter if he/she staysmore than 183 days, he/she don't need to do tax return, thus no taxbenefit.

However, if somebody is able to do this because CRAhave different staff from city to city, and interpret the Actdifferently, that's fine. But just remember, if a visitor will havesuch tax benefit, he/she will also need to report her world income (not just in Canada) to CRA. I just hope you are telling this to yourclients too.

Thanks for prodiving this information. Did you graduate from University of Windsor?
Let me explain more about your questions. About "Tie-Breaker Rules" in Tax Treaties. If you are considered as resident of other country under tax treaties  for tax purpose, then you may be considered as non-resdent of Canada.Some time CRA requires foreign goverment statement about residency status in that country. so for people who visiting Canada only, we need to ask CRA to decide they are considered as Canada resident or not if you think you are not considered as reisident of China or other country for tax purpose.. As I know it is difficult to get residency status from Chinese goverment. In conclusion, we need to provide full information to CRA, Case by Case may be different. We can not simply tell all visitors who need to file income tax in Canada.But if CRA considered you are resident in Canada, then you must report world income inside and outside Canada.
Details please read Determination of an Individual's Residence Status
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/t ... d-e.html#P155_30600
As Canadian resident, they need to report inside and outside Canada world income.  For non resident, they need to report income only earned in Canada.such as investment income,rental income in Canada.
For people who have permernant resident or Canadian citizenship, they also need to meet residency requirment.
You may be considered as non-resident if you didn't keep resident ties in Canada even you have permernant resident or Canadian citizenship.
Residential ties include:

• a home in Canada;
  • a spouse or common-law partner (see the definition in the General Income Tax and Benefit Guide) or dependants in Canada;
  • personal property in Canada, such as a car or furniture; and
  • social ties in Canada.
Other ties that may be relevant include:
  • a Canadian driver's licence;
  • Canadian bank accounts or credit cards; and
  • health insurance with a Canadian province or territory

Since 2007 April 1st , CRA cancelled tempory visitor GST/HST refund when you purchase Goods in Canada.

以上信息仅供参考,如果不同意见欢迎交流。

引用:
原帖由 ken 于 2012-3-27 23:00 发表
Thanks for prodiving this information. Did you graduate from University of Windsor?
Let me explain more about your questions. About "Tie-Breaker Rules" in Tax Treaties. If you are considered as resid ...
Thanks, so long you clarify all this to your clients, not just the 1000 dollars tax refund, it is fine with me.

I agreed the people at CRA can't make their story straight from one place to another, so as long as you have approval from one office, you will be fine.

I did graduate from UWindsor, why this matters?

发新话题